Slip Tub Spout
- Loosen the set screw underneath the tub spout against the wall, rotating counter-clockwise. (Use appropriate tools such as an Allen wrench or Phillips head screwdriver).
- Slide off the tub spout.
- Replace with a new tub spout.
- Reinstall the set screw until snug.
IPS Tub Spout
- Loosen the tub spout, rotating counter-clockwise, using a pipe wrench or other technique.
- Clean pipe threads ensuring excess thread sealant tape is completely removed.
- Apply thread sealant to the pipe threads.
- Reinstall the new tub spout.